Thursday, March 10, 2011

Intrusion While Visiting With Long-Distance Friend?

A couple of weeks ago, I drove two hours to my hometown to visit a close friend & her daughter, whom I may get visit once a month or less (due to our busy schedules). We went out to dinner, then back to her house to continue our visit. While we were visiting, another close friend of hers, "A" & her husband, dropped by & invited themselves in & started conversing. I was put off by this & felt they were rude to intrude into our visit (nor is this the first time this has occurred). This couple lives a block away & comes to visit often, wherein I traveled to visit with this friend I don't get to see often enough. I would like to say something to my friend about this & that while it was a nice visit, my feelings were hurt by this intrusion, however I don't want to offend or hurt her. I could use some Ann Landers or "Miss Manners" type of advice as to how to respond to this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment